Congratulations on becoming a delegate for your school at this year's virtual Secondary Student Conference. The Secondary Student Conference will be held over multiple days in a virtual setting. This annual conference brings students together to discuss current youth issues and ideas for possible change using current legislation at the Hawaii State Capitol. Registration is open to the first 150 participants.
The 2022 Secondary Student Conference will be conducted virtually with the use of the platform Zoom. As this is an event sponsored by the Hawaii Department of Education in partnership with the Hawaii State Legislature, we ask all participants to observe the following:
- All Chapter 19 and school rules apply. Please be mindful of your attire as this is a business-casual event, unless school shirts are noted.
- Delegate cameras need to be on at all times. This is to account for attendance and active participation of delegates. This is also so facilitators and other guest speakers can converse with Conference attendees.
- Be mindful of your background and that nothing is visible that goes against Chapter 19.
- Remember, you represent your school.
- Please follow all Pre-Conference and Conference rules, especially with regards to debate. You will receive one warning for any offensive language or words that put another delegate down. After the warning, you will be removed from the Conference and referred to your School’s Conference Point of Contact and Administrator.
- Be Prompt and Attend the following Conference dates on time.
- Failure to attend all of the aforementioned Conference dates may result in your removal as a delegate on behalf of your school by your Conference Point of Contact.
- If you cannot attend one of the aforementioned Conference Dates, please inform Conference planners or your committee chairs (more information will be provided).
- A shirt and Conference certificate will be given to those who attend all three days of the Conference.
CODE OF CONDUCT